Maintaining kitchen hygiene is more vital than ever.
Here are some tips for a sparkling clean kitchen, straight from the chefs at ITC Hotels.
- Disinfect the sink daily by scrubbing it with used lemon skin/vinegar.
- Wipe down your oven/gas range using a cloth and warm water after every
- Avoid a large collection of food waste trimmings in your kitchen area.
- Kitchen sponges & scrubs are a haven for bacteria. Wash them well with a
soap solution at the end of the day and leave to air dry overnight.
- Sanitize the kitchen cloth every day by soaking it in boiling water
mixed with a soap solution. This will get rid of grease and
- Avoid wiping washed utensils and try air-drying as much as possible.
- Though time-consuming, rigorous weekly cleaning of the fridge is
essential. Pull out fridge shelves and compartments to wash with warm
water and soap. Wipe the interior of the fridge with a mixture of water
and vinegar. Repeat the same with the exterior, particularly the handle