Posted on: Sunday October 2, 2016
Delhi symbolises a rich amalgamation of intermingling cultures and has established itself as a melting pot - welcoming people from different parts of the country, partaking in their traditions, and also inviting them to celebrate the spirit of Delhi. Each dish featured in this menu is a favourite of the people living in Delhi or forms an intrinsic part of Delhi's culinary history, while embracing the new cuisine formats that continue to excite the adventurous. The Delhi Pavilion seeks to present this mosaic of diverse taste united by Delhi's fondness for good food.
The Delhi Pavilion
THROUGH most of its history, Delhi has commanded strategic importance in various kingdoms and empires. The once capital of the Pandavas, it has been captured, ransacked and rebuilt several times, particularly during the medieval period, and modern Delhi is a cluster of a number of cities spread across the metropolitan region, making it the second most populous urban agglomeration in India. The capital of Independent India, Delhi brings to light a synthesis of culinary cascades from across history which are celebrated at this 24-hour, multi-cuisine restaurant. A unique combination of Global cuisine with an Indian heart, The Delhi Pavilion offers you caringly selected and mindfully prepared Indian and International cuisine. The delectable buffet spreads and the elaborate a la carte menu are a reflection of the culinary landscape of Delhi and Delhi Pavilion’s core theme of pure wellness and taste.
Relive Delhi’s glorious past with Delhi Pavilion’s soul stirring and nostalgic meals inspired by Dehlavi cuisine and its fascinating mix of traditions, geography, culture and community influences that have partaken to lend their own intrinsic stamp. Discover the wholesome indulgence that awaits you at Delhi Pavilion.
The Restaurant Menu
In essence, a journey of the food Delhi has traversed over time; indulge in a culinary journey from nehari to artisanal pizzas and from salads with mayo to fancy red wine and cold pressed olive oil dressing.
The Buffet Enfilade
Apart from this extensive menu selection, Delhi Pavilion serves a three-meal buffet, served in mono portions on every table. Every day an identified dish from the ala a carte menu is also selected and circulated.
• Extensive salad buffet – European, mezzes, compound & elaborate salads, cold cuts,
imported cheeses, boulangerie producing fresh baked breads and a make your own salad bar.
• Live chaat counter capturing the essence of the walled city.
• Hot section that includes Indian cuisine showcasing Dehlnavi, Punjabi Khatri, Awadhi and Hyderabadi dishes. The Asian food section features wok produced dishes like Mongolian grills and Thai curries, while the Western cuisine section represents Mediterranean, Italian and Spanish plates, as well as a grill / fry / bake of the day in its presentation.
• Pastas – Cooked to specification
• Desserts - Created in house, the offering includes Western (moose, macaroons, and pralines), Mediterranean (kunaffa, backlawa, tiramisu), Indian sweets as well as homemade ice creams. The desserts are customised and in most cases contain no added sugar, with eggless options available.